Saturday, July 2, 2016

Week 43 - The Lord's Work is the Best Work

Howdy!

I love that word. This week was super great. As always. It was nice to have one area again, haha. Being here again in my third transfer with Elder Wright. We are continuing to see lots of progress and it is great to see people coming unto Christ.

This week started a little slow, getting back into the swing of things. But we had lots of great lessons. And M. Guadalupe got baptized! I don’t have too much time right now so I’m just gonna share the best experiences. On Wednesday we got to go to San Lucas for a Junta with the missionaries in all of Los Cabos, to see President and Hermana Velez (The Mission President and his Wife) for one last time before they continue serving the Lord in another part of the Lord's vineyard. They are the best examples to me ever. I love them so much. I am going to miss them a ton. They have really become like my mom and dad here, even reminding us to keep our houses clean and all that jazz! haha. I love them. They are truly consecrated in their testimonies of Christ and His gospel. I want to be like them someday. 

Time for some funny Ed. quotes. This kid is 9. We went to buy chicken for dinner, and we saw the offer of 2 for 1 and he said, 
“Pay for three chickens and get two!”  
I thought it was funny... And also, right after that, we were talking about how talkative he was, and he told what he said in school last week to his teacher:

Teacher: Ed., what is 7x8?
Ed.: Profe, do you what 7x8 is?
Teacher: Of course I do.
Ed.: Then why do you ask me if you already know the answer?

Hahahaha. Maybe that isnt that the greatest form of respect to a teacher but I found it hilarious. Sorry teachers. Anyway.

Yesterday we had another great day at church. It was one the happiest days at church ever. We were standing at the front door greeting people, and with about ten minutes left before starting, a familiar face comes into sight, and I recognized him right away. You guys remember Gio. from La Paz? The guy that came to see a baptism of an 8 year old girl, and asked us if he could be baptized in the same baptismal service? Then got baptized the same night? Yeah, that Gio. He came to church yesterday, being on vacation here in San Jose from La Paz. It was so great to see him. I was filled with so much happiness to see him there. It is awesome to see people get baptized, but I think it is even better to see them a while after, staying true to the faith and active in the gospel. I love this Church. I know it is true.

-- 
Elder Daines

"Presidente y Hermana Velez...Bye Mom and Dad"

"M. Guadalupe's Baptism!"


"The Great Gio.!"



1 comment:

  1. My son, Elder Finkner is serving in the same mission and knows Elder Daines. From yesterday's email, my son sent us a picture of the two of them together. Would love to share it with you. We haven't updated my son's blog in a few weeks. If you would like a copy, let me know craigfinkner@gmail.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete