Sunday, January 8, 2017

Week 65 - Crossing the Sea

Howdy all! 

As the title may tell you, I am no longer in the Baja California! After being the missionary with the most time in the Baja, after 13 months, I got transferred to Culiacan now! I thought my mission was going to be Mision Mexico La Baja, but I will get to see what Culiacan is like now! I am super excited for this transfer, and to be able to work with my new companion, Elder Cruz! He is super great! He is from Veracruz, has 17 months in the mission, and has a great testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

This last week in La Paz was honestly pretty good! We had the great privilege of going to the Christmas Devotional that the Church had, and Zef. brought his kids to it! He is progressing well and little by little is preparing to be baptized. As we were about to leave, I said to him, "Hermano, I hoped to be able to see you get baptized, but I guess I wont get that chance." And he said, "Dont worry, we will send pictures haha." That made me feel super good, because it made me know that he really has the determination to be baptized, when he feels prepared! 

Car. has come to church 5 weeks straight! He comes walking from like 40 minutes away! He is really showing his faith and has a true desire to change and become the kind of person God wants him to be. 

I am going to miss the Baja. Sinaloa is super different, the people, the food, the culture, the weather, pretty much everything! It feels like a different mission, but I know I was sent here for a reason and I am super excited for this new opportunity to keep learning new things and becoming better each day as I share the Gospel with those around me. 

-- 

Elder Daines

Lunch at the Johnston's

La Paz left me well

Waiting for the bus in the rain! 

Dirt Track - I died running a 400 in 63

Malecòn Bike Ride

No comments:

Post a Comment