Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 26 - While on the Mainland....


D&C 53:2 - "Behold, I, the Lord, who was crucified for the sins of the world, give unto you a commandment that you shall forsake the world." 

Howdy All! 

Before I get started with anything, I have to congratulate two of the favorite men in my life! First on my brother, B, who got in to BYU!!!!! I can´t wait to be at BYU together Also congrats to Spencer, Rebekah, and Nick, my cousins, who also got in! Super excited for you all. Also, huge happy birthday to Pa!!! I love you so much, Dad! I hope you had a great birthday. I thought about you a lot this week, and I hope someday I can be as great a father as you are. 

I hope you all had a great week, and that you didn’t suffer in weather as hot as I did. We are in February!!! I should already be seeing almost triple digits. It’s going to be over 90 this week. HOW DO PEOPLE SURVIVE HERE? I don’t know what I am going to do when we get to July. 

Anyway, this week was pretty eventful. A couple cool things happened this week. We got to a lesson with an investigator, and we saw her outside her door with her granddaughter, and I was thinking, “hmmm that’s weird.” We got to her house, and she told us her granddaughter had accidentally locked themselves out, haha! Who knows how much time they were out there. She asked if one of us could jump over the wall to open the door from the inside. I willingly volunteered, but man it was not easy! I managed to squeeze myself through a hole and jump over, all without staining my freshly ironed shirt! Who knows, maybe in another year in the mission, I wont be able to fit in that same hole because I’ve already gained like 10 pounds...

This week we taught our new member family about Temples and Family History work, and they loved it! They are super excited to start looking for their ancestors, and to be able to start preparing to enter the Temple! They came again to Church to help clean it, and after, we had a Ward Family Home Evening! It was super great. We had them all going around the entire Church on an Amazing Race kind of thing, with scriptures that led to different parts of the Church. It was pretty cool, and it was awesome to see the love and unity this Ward has. 

I had the opportunity to go and do Splits with the other Elders in our area, I went with Elder Santamaria. He already has 20 months in the mission, and he was a great example to me! He helped me a lot in being happier in missionary work! This is the Lord´s work, it is glorious! The Mission President, President Velez, and the two missionary Assistants, came to La Paz, and they called us and asked if one of them could come with us. One of the Assistants, Elder Gonzalez came with us, and we were super excited cause we had a couple appointments set out, but they both fell, and we couldn't find hardly anyone home in the planned we had set. So Elder Gonzalez took the initiative to go out and contact people in the streets, it was such a great example to me! It really helped me a lot. We did it so much, that I began to actually feel desires to do it (which had never really happened to me before)! I know that it was because I was doing as God would have me do, sharing the Gospel with as many people as I could. We, as missionaries, are part of the prophecy that says the Gospel will be heard in every ear!

I got a little bit sick to my stomach again this week, but when we got to Church and the meetings started, I felt better, as people prayed for the sick and afflicted. It was kind of weird to see the sharp pains I had been feeling for days, just went away in an instant. It was an incredible answer to my prayers that came in an unexpected moment. Just another evidence to me, that God knows each and every one of us and He is aware of our needs. He loves us so much! 


-- 
Elder Daines

"Sunset feat. Cactus"

"Los Cabos!! (Week 25)"  




No comments:

Post a Comment