Thursday, February 18, 2016

Week 24 - Officially Members!

Hola amigos, ¿que onda? 
Scripture of the Week. 1 Nephi 16:28 -- And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the pointers which were in the ball, that they did work according to the faith and diligence and heed which we did give unto them.

On Saturday we had the incredible opportunity to see a family baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ. It was such a wonderful experience. To see them all dressed in white, so clean and pure, I felt that this was what God truly wanted for His children. I felt so blessed to have been able to be a part of bringing this family into the true Gospel and Church of Jesus Christ. They shared their testimonies of how they came to know this was the true Church of Christ, and it was such a special moment. They each came out of the water, and their smiles were so bright and happy. And on Sunday, we had the opportunity to confirm them members of Church and bless them with the gift of the Holy Ghost. It was so incredible! I have never seen four people confirmed in the same meeting! It was a very humbling and purifying experience.
Today is transfer day and guess what.....I´m still here in La Paz! I am really grateful for the opportunity that I have to be here and to help this family continue to progress. I will have 5 months here in La Paz after this transfer! Wow the time goes by fast! And I am so very grateful for the chance I have to find more people that are in need of the Gospel here in this area. To be able to learn more from being in this area with my companion.
This week we will be heading to Cabos San Lucas for a meeting with a leader of the Church, L Whitney Clayton, who has requested specifically to speak with the missionaries. I am so excited for this opportunity! It is going to be so great. I hope you all have such an awesome week! Love you all!


Elder Daines

At the baptism! 

No comments:

Post a Comment