Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Week 22 - Families Can Be Together Forever

¡Buenas tardes familia y amigos!

Scripture of the Week: 1 Timothy 4:12 – “Let no man despise his youth; but be thou an example of the believers in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.”

This week was really good as always! I always say that...but every week is good! Haha. We had several opportunities this week to do service, which was a really great and enjoyable experience. 

I also learned something of myself this week that is incredibly important. We were out there in Chametla where there is not much of anything, and I was a little hungry. And so I said, you know what, I’m going to buy myself something delicious. And you'll never guess what I found...pumpkin seeds!!! I never realized how grand my love for pumpkin seeds was. From that moment on, I have learned for myself that when I am married I am going to have a garden. With pumpkins. So I can grow my own pumpkins and roast my own pumpkin seeds to please my taste buds.

We also had a Family Home Evening with a family in our ward this week, and we watched the Restoration video about Joseph Smith that was super good! I loved it. Each time that I study about the Restoration of the Gospel, I gain a stronger testimony that Joseph Smith was called of God, that he was a prophet, that he restored the Church of Jesus Christ, and that the Book of Mormon is true.

I don’t have too much time but I had lots of great experiences this week! It was really interesting this week, we had several opportunities to teach the Plan of Salvation to our investigators. The Plan of Salvation is really a Plan of Happiness that God has for every one of His children. Through His Son, Jesus Christ, all mankind may be saved by obedience to His commandments. Our Heavenly Father does not intend for just a few of His children to be saved, He wants all of us! And so it is my duty and blessing to teach others all that we must do to live with Him again someday. This week we were able to teach this same Plan of Happiness to the family I invited to be baptized last week. It was such a wonderful experience. I felt the Spirit so strongly as we were able to teach them that they can be together forever! I had the really wonderful opportunity to personally testify to them of the truthfulness of the Plan of Salvation, knowing that no matter what happens to my family members during this life, I will be able to see them again. It is such wonderful news to not only be able to teach people that death is not the end, but that God has so, so, so much in store for us after our life on earth!
I am so grateful for the many opportunities I have had this week, and every week, to testify of the teachings of Jesus Christ. To be able to teach families that they can be together forever. I know that the temple is the house of God, and that through the work done in the temples, I know that I will be able to live with my family for time and all eternity. Death has no power over us. Nothing that happens in this life will be able to separate us. I am so grateful for my family and the love I have for them, and them for me. And I feel so especially blessed to be able to share this great news with other families here in Mexico, to help them come to know that they can be together with their families forever! It is the greatest blessing ever. 

-- 
Elder Daines


"La Zona Garzas"

 " Chocolate Chip Cookies <3 "





No comments:

Post a Comment