Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 25 - Hasta Los Cabos de la Tierra

D&C 121:45 –“Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and 
let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distill upon thy soul as the dews from heaven.”

I hope you all had an awesome week! I really don’t have too much time to write this week, but it was a great week! I was able to see lots of really cool miracles and truly grew in my testimony of the Gospel this week. 
Something that I found out this week, is that ´escape´ in English, translates directly to ´escape´ in Spanish, just the pronunciation is a little different. And it is pronounced just as Dory says it in Finding Nemo! I thought that was kind of funny, haha. You probably didn’t, but that is okay, I will laugh by myself.
Hmmmm what else. On Wednesday we went to an appointment with the new converts, and they told us they were going to have to cancel...because they wanted to go to clean the church! They are so so, so awesome! They are incredible and I just love them so much. They are true examples of what it means to take upon ourselves the name of Christ. 
On Thursday we got up bright and early and headed down to Cabo San Lucas to have a missionary conference with two leaders of the church, Elder L Whitney Clayton, and Elder Benjamin de Hoyos. It was so so, so incredible! Their testimonies were so incredible. They taught me so much of how we are true representatives of Christ, and the power of our calling. And on our way back to La Paz, I saw a whale!!!! It was so cool, I saw the tail whip out of the water and everything! 
Yesterday I had the opportunity to speak in Church, and I spoke on how we can better follow the steps of the Good Shepherd, who is Jesus Christ. I studied in John 10, and also in Matthew 18, and I loved so much the metaphor of how Christ is the Shepherd, and we are His sheep. He knows us, and will go to great lengths to save us, but we also must know Him. After church, we headed to a member's house to have a family home evening with them, and we found out that her grand daughter is not a member, and turns 8 in a couple weeks! She wants to be baptized so bad, and wants one of us to do it, and so in a couple weeks she will be able to baptized! It was so cool to be able to continue to see the miracles God pours out upon us. 
I know that this is Christ´s church on the earth today, I know he is my Shepherd, and I want to be a good sheep. I know that God knows me perfectly, and He is not so far away, just a prayer away! I love you all so much! Have an amazing week! 
-- 
Elder Daines

"Someday....."

"THE Hotel California.....not as great as you'd think." 



No comments:

Post a Comment