Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Week 23 - Ready for Baptism

Hello hello hello!

Scripture of the Week:  John 16:33  
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”

It has been a great week full of tons of experiences! It was a little tough finding new people to teach this week, because it is Carnaval, and everyone went to El Centro for 5 days. The streets in my area seem so dead, it is really weird. It is just like New Years all over again, haha. 

This week I was thinking a lot about the family we have been teaching, and how I could help them be more prepared for baptism. They were all committed to being baptized, but the dad was a little unsure still. I began thinking about what members we could bring that could help us help them. I thought of a couple that got baptized in November, Hermano G. y Hermana R. They came with us to two lessons with this family last week, and holy cow! It was so incredible. Really a life changing experience for me. It strengthened my testimony so much. We were talking about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the main teachings that Christ taught while he was on the earth. Hermano G. was unsure of being baptized for quite a while, and he was not going to get baptized the same day as Hermana R.,  but he had an incredible change of heart. I invited him to share this story with them, and wow the Spirit was so, so, so strong. It was such a powerful moment. He explained how he didn’t want anything to do with the missionaries at first, but one day he listened and enjoyed it, but didn’t want to change. He explained that he stayed that way until he decided to do what the missionaries invited him to do, which was to pray. When he prayed, he received a clear answer that he should be baptized, and G. and R. were able to be baptized on the same day! And now they are preparing to go the temple to be sealed together for time and all eternity! 
This was just the experience and testimony that we needed. This pure and simple testimony of prayer helped the dad of the family we're teaching so much. I could not wipe the smile off of my face, and I just wanted to hug Hermano G. and tell him how incredible he was. This family is so ready to be baptized this Saturday, and I am so excited for them. It will be such an amazing experience.

This is already the last week of the transfer, and they might be changing me to a new area. I love this area so much and the people here, but I will find out Saturday if I will be going to a new area. I will let you all know on Monday!!

I know that God hears and answers our prayers. When we have faith, and pray with real intent, we will be able to feel that God loves us and that He knows us. Whenever I have difficulties, I pray to God for help, and He helps me overcome these challenges. I know Christ is my Redeemer and Savior and through Him I can be happier each day. 

-- 
Elder Daines

"Twinning con Elder Pizarro"




No comments:

Post a Comment