Sunday, May 1, 2016

Week 34 - Believe in Others

Hey everyone!

I had such a good week this week. We worked super hard this week and had several more lessons this week than we have had so far. And we also had lots of members come with us this week to lessons with investigators, it was so cool! It was so awesome to have their added testimonies to ours, and it really helped the investigators have a friend in church. 

This week I had something that made me super happy. So we have been teaching the R. family for a few weeks now, and they are progressing great. That makes me super happy but that’s not the thing I was going to share, haha. Sometimes in the lessons, one of their friends friend, JC was with us. The first time we came to the R. house, he headed to a different room, the second time he stayed and listened to us, the third time he participated with us and read with us in the Book of Mormon. But then two weeks ago we didn’t see him the whole week. But last Wednesday we were teaching the R. family, and right as we were about to finish JC showed up! He joined us for the prayer, and I invited him to come to church with us on Sunday. He said he would go, and I was happy to hear that, but not going to lie (and I know I shouldn’t) but I kind of just brushed it off, figuring he would probably forget about it. But guess who was there to greet us at the door on Sunday?! The R. family and JC! They got to church like 40 minutes early, and they stayed for all three hours! It was super awesome, and I am just so excited for him because I have seen this change in him!

We had several other awesome lessons this week with some people we have been teaching for a few weeks, as well as some new people we found! Also, on Friday, we had an awesome activity at church called Mission Night, and we played Jeopardy, based on basic gospel truths. It was so awesome! We had like 10 investigators show up, and also some less active members! It was so awesome and it was a great way to increase the love and unity in our ward, and also a good way for the members to get to know the investigators some more! 

Ah!! It was just such an awesome week, and I am so happy to be here! I love the mission so much!! I know this is God's work, and I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know it!

-- 
Elder Daines

"REPRESENT!"

"Failed jumping picture." 




No comments:

Post a Comment