Monday, April 25, 2016

Week 33 - La Paz + Birthdays = Great Week

Hey fam and friends, 

I had a super good week this week. On Tuesday we had all of the missionaries in the Baja California Sur get together for a Multizone Missionary Conference. We got up bright and early at 4:15 in the morning to head up to La Paz. President Velez and his wife came, and we were all together for the day and it was awesome! They talked all about the importance of our calling as missionaries, and how many blessings God has waiting for us. They really helped us focus on appreciating the time we have as missionaries, to really recognize all of the blessings God has given us as His servants. It was so awesome, but also a little sad because President and his wife are already almost done with their service as our “Mission Parents”, they finish in June L . This might be the last time I see them, at least for a while. It was super sad; even though I have only known them for six months, it was amazing to see how much they loved me, and how much I grew to love them. They really motivated me to be a better and more consecrated missionary. 

Friday was Elder Wright´s birthday! It was super awesome, not just because we got a ton of food and cake, but also because we had some really great spiritual experiences! First about the food. We got enchiladas for lunch, which were heavenly. Then a couple hours later we had Chinese food, and to finish off the day, we had some cake another member made us! Haha. We also had some great experiences spiritually. We had an awesome lesson with the daughter and granddaughter of a member. We have been teaching them for a few weeks, and little by little we have seen their desire to be baptized grow. I testified to them as I do to you, about the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. I know it is the word of God. I know Joseph Smith was called to translate this sacred record as proof of the Restoration of the Gospel. I feel so wonderful and blessed to know God has spoken to His children once again. They were able to feel the Spirit in the lesson and both accepted a baptismal date of May 14. I am so excited for them! They are so awesome. It was great too, cause the daughter said, “it doesn’t matter if she (the granddaughter) can’t come, I’m getting baptized on the 14th with or without her!”

I had an awesome week, and I am looking forward to another great week this week! I love you all so much! 

-- 

Elder Daines

The San Jose Zone

I may or may not have done that...! 

I <3 Enchiladas! 

First Churros in Mexico!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment