Sunday, May 8, 2016

Week 35 - Opposition In All Things

Howdy All!

Holy cow! This week was unreal. I had no idea so many difficulties could happen in such a short period of time. It was crazy and at times unbelievable. I got a little bit down at times to see so many struggles going on, but Elder Wright is better than me, and stayed strong and helped lift my spirits!
Even though there were so many tough things that happened, it was one of the greatest weeks of the mission overall. We worked a lot with the members, over half of our lessons for the last two weeks have been with members! That was pretty awesome. 

This week I truly gained a testimony of the importance of family unity. I know that families are ordained of God, they are the most important social unit on the planet! Without families, we would be lost. We had several circumstances this week in which we saw some family problems arise in some of our investigators. I know that the adversary is doing all he can work against the families, because he knows how important they are in God´s plan. We saw this week so many challenges with things impeding our investigators from being baptized, as well as the investigators of other missionaries in our area. We decided to fast on Thursday, and helped so much. Little things started to look up, and more than anything, I just felt more at peace; I had more hope. 

This week we also had one of the coolest experiences ever. We had a couple appointments fall, so we decided to use some extra time to look for people to contact. We saw this lady with her front door open, and Elder Wright decided we should talk to her. So we did! She is super awesome! Her daughter was there was us too, and like we usually do, we were going to try and set an appointment for another day, but as we were pulling our agendas out, the daughter  said "pasenle" (come in!). We were a little surprised, but we went in, and talked to them for a while. We just talked about our basic beliefs that we belong the same Church that Christ established, with the same authority, and the daughter asked, "What does it take to be one of you?" And so we explained a little bit about the preparation process to be a missionary, and she said, "I want to be one!" I think my mouth might have been gaping wide open when she said that..but it was so so so cool! She is really looking to find the true Church of Christ, she has looked in various religions, and has never felt they were right, but in that moment, she felt the influence of the Spirit. So cool!!! I am super excited for her. 

Sunday might have been the best day ever. 1) Because it was Brendan´s birthday, happy birthday B!! Can't believe youre 18 already. 2) FOURTEEN people came to church with us! It was so so awesome! I didnt know who to sit by haha, but luckily because we had a couple hermanadores (English?) some members sat with the others. 3) We had our Fast Sunday, where anyone can speak at the pulpit, and I was sitting with our investigators, the V. family, and their little 9 year old boy tells me, "Quiero tomar el micrófono" (Basically, I wanna talk!) I told him, lets go! Ill help you! But he was super nervous, saying I don't know what to say! But he eventually got the courage and he had me help him know what to say, and it was so cool! He isn't even a member of the church yet, but he knows Christ lives, God loves him, Joseph Smith was a prophet, and that he wants to be baptized. And then after him, like 8 more kids followed him! It was so awesome! And to finish, the Sister missionaries´ investigator also shared his testimony of the Church. It was the best thing ever!! Such an awesome Sunday. 

Sadly this is already the last week in the transfer, and maybe Elder Wright will be changed, but fingers crossed we get another six weeks together! I feel we have more work to do together!

Family and friends, I know that God strengthens us in our afflictions. He will never give us more than we can bear; and if we endure these trials well, He blesses more than you can believe! For that reason, I know God loves me, and each one of you. And I am so super grateful to be here in the service of the Lord.  

-- 
Elder Daines

My District

The "V" family's little boy! 

Pretty View


No comments:

Post a Comment