Sunday, November 27, 2016

Week 59 - Cancelled Lessons

Hello All!

We just flew through another transfer here in La Paz, and I´ll be spending another one here in Pioneros! So by the end of this transfer, I will have 13 months in the Baja California Sur! How about that?! I get to stay to finish training Elder Quezada and we are super excited, ´echandole ganas´ as they say here. 

Wow. Well this week was super great, for several reasons. 1) because I had one of the coolest experiences of the mission, and 2) because I really put myself to work this week, unlike in any other. Which one do y’all want to hear first? Too bad. I´m going to talk about the super cool experience first. 

So Zefer. is the man we have been teaching for almost two months now, and during this time, we have little by little softening the heart of the rest of his family. It has been super cool to see how the Spirit of the Lord has worked individually in each one of them. So this week, we taught about Family History to Nan. and Ali., his sister and his mom. It was so cool because Nan. was always super attentive, but the mom, Ali., was a little separated from us before, but this lesson got her super excited! Later that day, we went back to teach Zefer., and Ben., his dad, voluntarily came to listen to us! He sat there listening, asking a couple questions here and there, and he asked two great questions: 1) where did our early ancestors come from here in America? And 2) what happened after the Apostles died? BOTH questions are perfectly answered by the message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We gave him a Book of Mormon and invited him to read 3 Nephi 11.
So on Saturday we came back to visit them again, and wow! So cool. Benito read 3 Nephi 11, had lots of questions, Zefer. read 1 Nephi 8-10 and explained to us everything perfectly! And Alicia and Nancy have already done several generations of family history work! It is so, so, cool to see how God works in them! Zefer. has planned to be baptized on November 12! 

Other cool thing of the week, well as I said, lots of appointments were canceled, so we had lots of time to look for new people! I have no idea how many people we talked to, but it was so cool! We were really able to see how as we work harder, God blesses us more! I know this work is true and I know that the harder we work, it may be true that we are more tired physically, but I am so much happier as I have seen the benefits of “thrusting in the sickle”. Just do it! You will see the difference. 

-- 
Elder Daines


No comments:

Post a Comment