Sunday, November 27, 2016

Week 57 - God Prepares His Children

Howdy all! 

This was another great week in the obra del Señor. 

I honestly cannot believe how fast this transfer has bene going by! I feel like I never have enough time to accomplish all I wish to do, but I know that as I put my whole heart into the service of God, He will make up for what I cannot do on my own. 

We truly were able to see a ton of miracles this week as we were speaking with people in the street. We had one especially great experience. We felt impressed this week to speak a mom with her three little kids. As we began to talk to her, I knew she was in need of the Gospel of Christ. The next day, on Friday, we went to her house, and as we began to talk to her, she told us that her husband had just recently died and was in need of counsel. As we sang Families Can Be Together Forever, her mom came down from inside, and told us that she never listened to any kind of missionaries, but the song had softened her heart and she felt impressed to listen to us! It was such a cool experience. I have faith that they have been prepared by God to receive His Gospel. 

Another super cool experience we had was this Saturday morning, as we were walking, we found a contact we had done about two weeks ago. We were able to catch up a bit with her, since we hadn’t been able to sit and talk with her and teach her since the time we met her, and we invited her to church! And without even having taught her, she came to church yesterday, and she loved it!! Andrea is the best. 

I know that God prepares His children. Sometimes not in the moment we expect or hope for, but as we work in harmony with the Lord, He guides us to find those He has prepared. I know this Gospel is true and I could never ever deny it. The Book of Mormon, the Restoration, the work of the temples, all of it is true! We are so blessed, and I hope I can be different than President Uchtdorf said, as we walk on Gods path, and so often we ignore all the diamonds we are surrounded by! 


-- 
Elder Daines
"Like father, like son"

"Funky lunch we made."

"Clams, I think?"

No comments:

Post a Comment