Monday, March 28, 2016

Week 30 - San Jose del Cabo

Greetings.

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter Weekend!

I got reassigned to a new area this week! After having five months in La Paz, I got reassigned to San Jose del Cabo, about an hour and a half south of La Paz! I truly came to love lots of members there, and I am going to miss them so much, but I know God needs me to be here in San Jose. I am super excited to be here. It is beautiful, there are mountains, and beaches! It is gorgeous. I just got here this morning. My new companion´s name is Elder Wright and he is from Sandy, Utah! He is the same Elder Wright that was in Culiacan when I first got to Mexico! I am super excited to be with him. Things are looking super good here!

This week was kind of tough with respect to being able to teach people; everyone fled our area, and went camping, or to the beach, haha. There was literally nobody! No one in the streets. I have never seen a city so dead. We ended up spending some time with members, doing some service for them, and helping strengthen them spiritually. This week, being in honor of the last week of the Savior´s mortal life, I tried to focus a lot on that. I was constantly amazed, at how, in the last week of His life, He didn´t decide to take it easy; quite the opposite. It was the week in that He did the greatest of His work. The week He suffered the most. I know that this suffering was not in vain. He suffered for me. And He suffered for you; so that we do not have to suffer. We can be saved, if we believe in His name. 

I honestly dont have too much to more say, other than that I am super excited for this new transfer in San Jose. Things are really looking up! This weekend is also the General Conference for the Church (where the Prophet and Apostles and other Church leaders speak to the whole world)! I am so excited for this great opportunity to hear from them. I encourage all of you to try to see some of the Conference. A Prophet of God will speak to the world! I know that President Thomas S. Monson, and the Twelve Apostles, have been called of God. They receive inspiration for all of us in these days, directly from the Lord. 


I hope you all have a fantastic week! 

-- 

Elder Daines

"Cats actually eat mice!" 

A sweet family he baptized! 

Look at his happy face! 

He loves La Paz! 

His new companion, Elder Wright! 

No comments:

Post a Comment