Sunday, March 20, 2016

Week 28 - God Knows Us Better Than We Know Ourselves

Howdy all!

Scripture of the Week: 
2 Nephi 26:24 "He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him. Wherefore, he commandedth none that they shall not partake of his salvation."
  
The lesson I learned in week 27 must have been a preparation for this past week, because man it was tough! Almost each day this week, every single one of our appointments fell through, and so we resorted to looking for some people other missionaries had taught or met before. But almost nobody opened the door to us. It was a little disheartening at times. Being able to keep in mind the lesson I learned last week about seeing the good in the world, helped me a lot. At times I felt that nothing was going my way, but when I needed a little boost the most, I was able to see God´s hand in my life; whether it be in seeing someone serve another, contacting someone in the street, or just seeing something funny, I felt lifted up. 

There were several things this week that were pretty great. We had rain two days this week, which was awesome!! The weather here is pretty much the same thing every day: hot and sunny. The rain and cool weather was good for a change. On Wednesday, we ate with the Silva Torres family, and they made us fish tacos, and holy cow they were incredible! I ate a solid ten tacos, and that is something I am not ashamed of. On Thursday the other Elders near us didn´t have electricity in our house, so they had to sleep at our house, but that was fun! We crammed four mattresses into our little bedroom, it was a miracle they all fit. 

On Saturday we headed to the house of some people that were investigating about the church before, and they were home! They let us in, and even though it was almost a year ago, they remember just about everything they read in the Book of Mormon and everything! That was pretty cool, and they are really excited to learn more, and clarify any doubts they may have. After, we headed to an investigator´s house to paint, and that was a ton of fun! I love painting. They gave us lunch, and from there we headed to the church for a baptism! No one showed up at 5 when it was supposed to start, but I have grown accustomed (Not sure if that is right, I don´t remember English already!) to not worrying too much when even the person who is supposed to be baptized doesn´t show up on time, haha. It was awesome! Her whole family was super excited for her. 

--

Elder Daines

"Finally used my raincoat!"

"Rainy for dayz"

"Painting!" 

"The Baptism!"

No comments:

Post a Comment