Monday, March 28, 2016

Week 29 - We are in Eternal Debt

Hey All!

Scripture of the Week:

Omni 1:26 “And now my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth, ye will be saved.”

I was able to see so much this week in how much love God and His Son, Jesus Christ, have for us. We are really undeserving of all that God has given us. I was pondering on that a lot this week, thinking of all of the blessings God has given me, rather than the difficulties and worries I have in my life. In thinking about blessings instead of burdens, I was able to see God´s love for me so much more. 

This week I took quite a bit of time to reflect on these things, and on the Atoning sacrifice that Jesus Christ went through for me, and for each and every one of you. Christ was the only perfect person to walk the earth. But despite his flawless character, He was also the person who experienced more pain, sadness, and trials, than any human being that has ever walked on this earth. I began to think about how could Christ endure these trials so well, that He was able to continue blessing the lives of others. He suffered all of these trials, and willingly, because of the pure love He had, or should I say, has, for us. His love for us is perfect, without guile. He did everything, every thing His Father had commanded Him to do. He knew His purpose here on the earth. 

I tried to apply this incredible example into my life. I know that Christ is my perfect example, and I feel so unqualified and insignificant, and flawed and weak, but that helps me each day to lean more on the Lord and less on myself. I know that when I align my will with the Lord´s will, I will begin to able to improve. I will be able to see the miracles God places in my life. 

I put myself to think about that a lot this week. God gives us commandments. he gives us these commandments to bless us. He gave us His Son so we could be saved. When we obey the commandments, we, in a way, are paying back the debt we owe to God. But in doing so, He blesses more, and so we become more in debt! This is a debt we can never pay back. But I know I can do all I can to show my desire to pay it back. 

This was mostly everything I felt I needed to share with you all today. I had lots of cool experiences and everything, but I feel like telling a story about a guy in a Nacho Libre mask that drove past us and stared at us, is less important, haha. Just to share a couple quick miracles of the many this week, on Wednesday I decided we should make one last visit before going home, and after several failed attempts, this time we found an old investigator named at home! He was apparently super excited about the church about a year ago, and went to church several times, but we never knew what happened with him! He had gone to work in Cabo San Lucas for a while, but he lost his job there and now is back here! I know God needs him here, so he can receive this Gospel. Also, we found a couple this past week, that came to church with some members, and they live in our area, and they are both super awesome and super excited to learn more about the church!! I am so excited for them, and even though I hardly know them, I love them already so much! 

This is the last week before they do transfers in the mission, and I will probably be changed. Makes me kind of sad because there are so many people right now in this area that are ready to accept the Gospel, and I love the members here, but I guess we will see what happens! 

Love you all, have an awesome Easter week! 

-- 
Elder Daines

"Oh, he a fruitcake, huh? Name that movie!" 

"Painted the court at the church!"



No comments:

Post a Comment