Thursday, January 21, 2016

Week 20 - "I KNEW there was someone in Chametla!"

Scripture of the Week: D&C 6:36 -- Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.

Such a great week this week! I truly know that God is our loving Heavenly Father. I know that He is aware and each and every one of His children, and that He wants the best for each and every one of us. 

Remember the guy in the car that stopped us last week in Chametla? Well, he is truly a miracle that has been placed in our path. We headed out on the bus to Chametla on Wednesday, and we got to his house, and it wasn't just him, but his wife, son, and nephew! We were able to talk to them about why he contacted us, how they got in contact with the missionaries, and lots of things. They are truly a miracle sent from Heaven. They moved here recently from the mainland of Mexico. He is in the military, and in some areas they live as families in private areas only for military. And in that area, there was a member that the sisters were visiting, and one day his wife was heading to this member´s house, and so were the sister missionaries. And so the sisters talked to her, and the wife ended up going to church twice there and also had a couple lessons with them. But they moved here in the past few weeks, and didn’t have contact with the church here. And so we taught them on Wednesday, and the lesson was so great, I invited them to be baptized, and they all said yes! They came to church yesterday and they are all just so great! It was quite a miracle.  I’m getting goosebumps writing this!! It is so cool. We are thinking to invite them to be baptized on February 6!! I am so grateful to be able to be a part of blessing this family with the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. Through them, I have been able to feel how much God loves His children. It makes me so happy to be able to bring the happiness I feel from this Gospel into their lives. I know it will change their family forever. They are such precious souls of God, as each of us are. I know God is aware of all of us and He loves us all. 

I was able to do my first “divisions”, or missionary splits this week. And so my companion, Elder Islas, stayed in our area, and I went to another area in La Paz with Elder Alvarez, and Elder Alvarez´ companion went with Elder Islas in our area. It was so cool to be able to learn from other missionaries! I felt the Spirit really strongly throughout the day, and Elder Alvarez really helped me strive to be a better missionary! This week we were also able to do some service at the church, doing some landscaping and cleaning of the outdoor area of the church. It was a lot of fun, and afterwards, the ward cooked up some heavenly carne asada tacos <3. 

I am so grateful to be serving here in La Paz as a missionary, and each week I feel more and more the love that God has for me, and for all of His children. I have been able to see the fruits of our hard work here in this area, and I know that as we continue work with all our hearts, we will be able to bring more souls unto Christ so they can feel the same joy we feel. 

-- 
Elder Daines

Pretty Skies

Breakfast with the Boys

Officially a Packers fan (despite the loss).



No comments:

Post a Comment