Saturday, January 16, 2016

Week 19 - New Transfer, New Hopes!

¡Hola hola hola!

Scripture of the Week: Helaman 3:35 -- Nevertheless they did fast and pray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their humility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the purifying and the sanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their yielding their hearts unto God." 

I had a pretty good week here in La Paz, beginning a new transfer here, with a new companion, Elder Islas. He is pretty good! We teach pretty well together. He has almost 18 months in the mission. He is a little timid and quiet though. But I took advantage of it, and I was able to interact with more people this week, and contact some more people in the streets! 

We had some more success this week in finding people to in their homes; people are finally calming down from the New Year´s parties. But we also had another holiday on the 6th, which was Día de los Reyes Magos. We had quite a bit of Rosca, it was pretty good! This week I guess was also the week to take down the Christmas trees--we helped take down three Christmas trees with members and investigators this week! It was a good time, but I personally felt kind of sad. Putting away the Christmas decorations is like putting away a piece of my heart. I loved Christmas time so much this year, and putting the Christmas decorations away is just a reminder that it is no longer Christmas. But I’m keeping the Christmas spirit in my heart!

This week I had some pretty neat experiences. On Wednesday, we ate out in Chametla, a pueblo of La Paz, and there the streets aren’t marked or anything, and it seems like dead. We don’t go out there too much. We arrived at the member’s house a little early and she still wasn’t there, and so we decided to go looking for some people to talk to! I remembered one time over a month ago, we taught a lady out here. After walking for about ten minutes, we were about to turn around and head back, when I was looking down a street, and I said, “its this way.” We then walked down that street, and I turned down another, and all of a sudden I stopped in front of a house, and I knew it was the one. We knocked, and I felt a little nervous, but it was the right house! It was incredible. She answered and we had a great lesson. More than the lesson though, I just felt so blessed that I was able to be guided to find it, there was no way I could have done that all on my own. And on our way back from that house to go eat, a car stopped us, and rolled down its window, and the man started talking to us, and he asked us where our church was, and we set an appointment with him. I was a little sad when I didn’t see him at church on Sunday, but as we were about to leave, an Hermano told me that he was in the other church building and he was there! He couldn’t find our building, but was still determined to go to church! Really cool experience, and I’m super excited to meet with him this week.

Don’t have too much time left, but I had a good week! I wish we were having more progress with the people we are teaching though. This week I am looking forward to hopefully seeing some miracles in finding new people to teach, that are waiting to receive our message, and just don’t know where to find it. I know that if I have enough faith, I can see miracles happen in this work!


-Elder Daines

No comments:

Post a Comment