Thursday, December 3, 2015

Week 13 - Miracle on Palenque Street

Happy Belated Thanksgiving! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend with your families and friends. Sadly I wasn't able to do anything to celebrate Thanksgiving, but it was nice thinking about how much fun all of you must have had!

I had such an awesome week! I am feeling much better from being sick last week, and we were able to begin working in our new-ish area this week some more which was nice. It is nice to have some more time to focus in a smaller area where we can find more of the people the Lord has prepared for us, when otherwise before we may not have found them. 

We did quite a bit of finding and contacting this week because most of the people that we were teaching were in the other part of our area that the new sister missionaries have. Id like to share a cool experience I had on Saturday. In my personal scripture study in the morning, I was reading about the Miracles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I also thought about what our mission president, President Velez always says, ´miracles should not be something that we see every now and then. We should be able to recognize miracles every day. There are scriptures that explain that if miracles have ceased, it is because faith in God has ceased. I decided I needed to have more faith in God. 

And so I left our house that morning with a renewed determination to be more faithful, by truly being happy in the work by sharing it with people we see in the street, and to be more hopeful. We were looking for some old investigators on a particular street, which is called Calle Palenque, and we found a couple of them with help from some people sitting outside their houses. After we found the old investigators, we talked some more to the people sitting outside, and we ended up being able to have a first lesson with two of them, in which we were able to share basic principles of the teachings of Jesus Christ, that they have a Heavenly Father that loves them, that Jesus Christ is the Son of God ,that families can be together forever, and that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is restored on the earth. It was so great. I found as I listened to them with love I was able to identify their needs and share my testimony with them. As we were finishing up, another neighbor came out and started listening, and then he asked us for a pamphlet, when church was, and when we could meet with him. It was amazing! Something little, but for me, it was the miracle that I needed in my day to increase my faith. 

I believe in a God of Miracles. I believe that through our faith in Him, that we can work miracles and also experience miracles. God works miracles because he loves us all, we are His children, and He loves us. I am so grateful for this knowledge. I am so grateful for this Christmas season we have to remember the birth of the Son of God! How wonderful this time of year is. Everyone is so happy. I love it. I love life! I love being a missionary. And I love this Gospel! I love you all! 

Elder Daines 

No comments:

Post a Comment