Thursday, December 17, 2015

Week 15 - We Can Do More

¡Buenas noches! 

I hope you all had an amazing week, and were able to ponder on the importance of our Savior, Jesus Christ, in your lives. 

This week has been full of miracles, just like each week! We have been trying to work more with the members in this past week, and we were able to see the blessings truly come from it. We visit this somewhat less active woman, and she is raising her grandkids, and one of the two grandsons is not a member of the church. In teaching a lesson to her, we asked her if in our next visit she could invite her two grandkids to join us. And they did! They are both so great. They have picture books for the Bible and Book of Mormon that help them learn better, and we have assigned them things to read from there, and the next visit, they tell us what they learned, and it is amazing each time! They learn so much, one of the grandkids even told us from memory what it says John the Baptist ate and what he wore haha. I feel like a dork sometimes when Im with them, but I cant wipe a smile off my face when Im there (which I guess is a good thing, right? (: )! I was able to invite the oldest grandchild to be baptized and he excitedly accepted! It makes me so happy to see these blessings coming to families. 

We have also been teaching the hermanos de Alicia for the last couple weeks, but they don't always focus too well, so we've been praying to find ways to improve our teaching with them and help them understand what we teach. And we were able to find some things to do to improve our teaching to them. We had a really great lesson with them this past week about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and I was able to invite them to be baptized, and they accepted! They are planning on being baptized the 26 of December. 

We had our Posada, or Christmas Party this week, to celebrate the birth of Christ, as a ward. It was a really great experience! We had some investigators come, and also several members bring friends, which was really great! And we had piñatas, which is always a good time.

This week has been full of miracles, just like each and every week. It is truly such a blessing to be a part of God's work on the earth today. It is incredible to be able to see children of God spark a desire in their hearts to come closer to Him. I know that this is God´s work, and I know that I am called as an official representative of Jesus Christ, and His Church. But I know I can do more. We had a Zone Meeting this week that the Zone Leaders decided to call (Zone is an area of missionaries), and we assessed how we are doing in the work. They really motivated me to not limit my faith and my expectations and hopes. I know that I have done good things, but I know that I could have done more. There is always more we can do! This week I am promise all of you that I will be better this week, and I will report next week how it went! You have my pinky promise! Haha. Would just like to end with sharing with you all that I know God loves us, He loves all His children, and He wants all of us to return to live with Him again. And He has provided us the way to do so, which is through His Son, Jesus Christ, and His Gospel. In this Gospel, in these teachings, we will find greater happiness than in any other place we search in this world. It is the only place that we can find not temporary, but eternal happiness! How great does that sound? Eternal happiness! 

Have an awesome week everyone! 

-- 
Elder Daines

The wind up!

It's Christmas in La Paz! 

No comments:

Post a Comment